NexGard: an oral chewable for flea/tick prevention
We are now carrying NexGard, which is the first flea and tick prevention in a beef-flavored chew. This is a great option for pet owners that dislike using topical treatments on their pets or for pets that are sensitive to topical applications. Below are a few basic facts in regards to this product. You can also click on http://www.nexgardfordogs.com/ to obtain more information on this product as well. Feel free to contact our office at anytime with any questions or comments you have.
- Nexgard kills adult fleas, treats and prevents flea infestations and also kills American dog ticks, Lone star ticks, and Black-legged (Deer) ticks that may spread lyme disease.
- Nexgard is only for use in dogs and comes in four sizes of soft beef chewables, dosed out according to weight. It is labeled for dogs and puppies 8 weeks or older and weighing more than 4 pounds.
- Nexgard can be given with our without food; make sure that your dog consumes the whole dose. If vomiting occurs within 2 hours of administration, you can re-dose with another full dose.
- Nexgard is safe to use in any breed of dog and is safe to use along with any other prescription medication your dog may be on.
- Safety Information: Not for use in cats. The most frequently reported adverse reactions include vomiting, dry/flaky skin, diarrhea, lethargy and loss of appetite. Use in pregnant, breeding or lactating dogs has not been evaluated. Nexgard should be used in caution in dogs with seizures.